TECHNICAL ARTIST / CHARACTER RIGGER
As a Technical Artist, you will act as a liason between the art and programming staff, and must understand the art production needs as well as the needs of software development. You must also handle rigging and have an understanding of 3D animation in Maya.
• Help to plan, develop and maintain asset pipelines in conjunction with the project leaders and the art/programming team
• Handle character rigging and mid level animation tasks (walks, runs, jumps, flight etc. on human, quad and mechanicals)
• Create and optimize art assets in Maya for memory and performance gains in engine (Unity 4.0, Uneal Engine 3.0)
• Develops tools, scripts, plugins to streamline processes
• Ability to seek out and solve technology issues as they relate to art production
• Ensure that all production art takes best advantage of the target platforms while staying within performance guidelines
• Ability to communicate effectively with both artists and programmers
• Meet project deadlines/milestones on time
• Must love computer games! This has to be your passion.
• Minimum 4 year degree or Bachelor Degree in relevant art/production field (exceptions to this requirement may granted if the candidate has an acceptable combination of relevant education and field experience
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience in a production environment
• Excellent Maya and Photoshop skills
• Unreal or Unity engine experience is given special consideration
• Ability to learn new skills on the fly and keep up with industry developments
• Proficient with scripting languages Python, MELScript, MaxScript
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Computer Science background is a plus!