Mid to senior environment artist to model, UV map, texture and light in-game environments for a original new IP for iOS, Android, Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, Tablets using Unreal Engine 3. This person will be responsible for meeting the aesthetic, creative and technical quality standards of the Art Director.
• Contribute all elements related to the creation of in-game environments: model, UV map, texture and lighting.
• Create low and high rez models using Maya and proprietary for in game assets.
• Optimize levels for performance within the technical and memory constraints of Unreal Engine 3.
• Collaborate effectively with art director and designers to meet aesthetic, creative and technical quality standards.
• Troubleshoot and provide solutions to technical and pipeline issues by researching, identifying and communicating with team members.
• Meet project deadlines/milestones on time.
• 2-3 years experience and shipped at least 1 game.
• Expert modeling, UV mapping, texture and lighting abilities.
• Strong understanding of form and composition, color and lighting.
• Strong knowledge of lighting, level building, and shader creation.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Maya and Photoshop.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to take and give critiques.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with team members.
• Solution oriented, self-motivated and proactive.
• Adept to changing requirements.
• Experience in 2D and isometric environments a plus!