KAIJU CRUSH DEVLOG 04/24/2015 – CREATING A KAIJU
We put a lot of time and thought into creating the characters for Kaiju Crush. Here is a quick breakdown on how we build one of our lovable kaijus.
1. Based on the design and vision we create a concept sketch of the character to give us an idea of the shapes and details.
2. Using the concept as a guide, the 3D mesh is molded in 3D Studio Max.
3. Once the mesh is completed it is imported into 3D Coat where it is unwrapped.
4. After unwrapping, the mesh is imported into Zbrush where the poly paint is done. Once the texture paint is completed, the texture maps are prepared for import into X Normal.
5. The ambient occlusion is burnt into maps using X Normal and bought into Photoshop for touch ups and adjustments.
6. Next the maps are hooked up again in 3D Studio Max.
7. The model is then rendered using Keyshot.
8. Voila! Here is the final render of our Kaiju.